Friday, August 26, 2011

Transience

A Thought

"Perhaps we are living as a dream within a fragile bubble, blown by a shadow that is the manifestation of a sleeping giant. When the bubble pops and the giant awakens, as he rubs his eyes, yawns and stretches and eats his oatmeal and begins his morning, “Will he remember us and the existence we all had in the collective history of our universe?"---Me

Wouldn’t it be wonderful if our whole universe was one big dream? I often think it would be incredible to really meditate on our real place in the whole universe. This brings me to a meditation I found interesting. It’s called the death meditation. It goes like this:

“Keep yourself consciously aware for some minutes that the body upon
which your hands are working is mortal, that it – he or she – must
sooner or later die, and that in this sense right now beneath your
hands is the flesh of a being who faces death. The poet Rilke says
of life and death hat “to affirm one without the other is a limitation which in the end shuts out all that is infinite.” In the same spirit
think of your own actions as a celebration: a ritual of the hands
offering acceptance and praise of this inevitable death.”
---Book on massage meditations

I saw a beautiful little beagle puppy yesterday on my walk downtown. He is eleven weeks old and he licked my face. I was moved to tears. I hope that this puppy has a full and happy life in the way that a dog can have a full and happy life. I want everyone to have a full and happy life. I want everyone to have all the sweet love they need.

I want it for myself. I love beautiful friendships and the love that such relationships bring. I am fortunate to have discovered many such relationships over my life. Yet I yearn for the wonderful experience of just being able to touch and kiss and share with someone more special.

Hmmm...is it anything more than desire? At the same time, on my path is such desire the sacrifice I have to make? Sometimes I am uncertain how to proceed with my desire. The answer to such issues like desire is not simple for me. I find it easy to reflect on such things in my mind during rainstorms

Re-encounter your moments; experience the signs that are yours. Live as if you are living for your own spirit. Nurture your spirit. I have had great experiences that have nurtured my spirit. My spirit is nurtured more and more every day. I am thankful for what is opening up for me.

Spirit is a feeling. It is how we know that we are who we are. I know that in my desire I am unable to settle for anything but that which will give me all the experiences and learning and deep sensations that I desire. I know that I have high expectations of myself. I have always had high expectations of myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment